First Christian Church of Rockdale
Organized in 1887, this Church was first served by
the Rev. A. J. Bush, Sr. (1846-1920), a Civil War
Veteran who was instrumental in establishing
Christian Churches in many areas of the State.
Previous buildings on this site were replaced in 1958
by a new brick sanctuary, with volunteers from the
Congregation providing most of the labor. The Church
has been involved in Local and foreign Missionary
activities for many years, offering assistance to
people in need. The First Christian Church continues
to be an important part of the Rockdale community.