Milam County Historical Commission
Milam County, Texas
Milam County Historical Commission - Milam County, TX
Statue of Ben Milam at Milam County, TX Courthouse
Old Junior High School Building, Rockdale, TX
Milam County Courthouse - Cameron, TX
Preserve America
Mission San Ildefonso

From Rockdale: north on FM 908
approx 7 miles
Mission San Ildefonso

Established by Franciscan missionaries in 1749 with
the hope of civilizing and christianizing the Coco,
Mayeye, Orcoquiza, Karankawa, and other tribes of
Indians. The martyrdom of Padre Jose Ganzabal and the
circumstances connected therewith caused the
departure of the Indians and the friars and the
removal of this mission to the San Marcos River in
1755. Reestablished in 1762 on the Nueces River for
the conversion of the Lipan Apaches with the new name
of Mission San Lorenzo de la Santa Cruz.
Mission San Ildefonso Historical Marker - Milam, TX
View from FM908