Take US77 north from Cameron to FM 485; turn
west (left) onto FM 485 for 4.1 miles; turn
left onto CR145 for 0.6 miles to Cemetery
Many of the settlers of North Elm came from
Alabama beginning in 1867, including John
George Lagrone (1792-1870), whose dated
gravestone is the oldest in this burial ground.
Land for the Cemetery was initially deeded by
B. J. Arnold in 1883. Followed by additional
land donations by
W. J. Valentine in 1886 and J. C. Mayfield in
1912. A chronicle of the early pioneers and
generations of families in this area of Milam
County, the cemetery includes graves of
fourteen Confederate soldiers and two Texas
Rangers - brothers Ellzey and James Perkins.
A Cemetery Association formed in 1958 oversees
the care of the site.
For more information visit the