Located in Cameron, TX - US 77
Across from Cameron Municipal Airport
A part of Robertson's colony in 1834 and
part of the municipality of Viesca, 1835.
Created in 1836 and named for Benjamin Rush
Milam killed Dec. 5, 1835 in San Antonio.
When created it contained one-sixth of the
original land area of Texas. 54 Texas
counties or parts thereof now occupy that
Until 1840, settlers spent much time
battling hostile Indians. On April 4, 1846
Cameron was authorized as County Seat by
Legislature. Milam County as it now exists
was established in 1856.
Balanced Livestock-Crop Farming Economy