First Baptist Church of Cameron
400 W. Main St
S. Crockett Ave. and W. Main St.
Cameron, TX 76520
Itinerant ministers J. W. D. Creath and David Fisher
organized this church in 1853. The Rev. T. M.
Anderson became the congregation's first resident
pastor in 1867. Membership was extended to the
community's Mexican-Americans in 1914, and in 1919
the church joined the Milam Baptist Association.
Church facilities have been expanded over the years
to meet changing needs. First Baptist helped organize
the Mexican Baptist Church of Cameron in 1925 and
Battetown Baptist Church in 1945. The congregation is
active in foreign missionary work and continues to
serve the community.