Cemetery notes and/or description:
Located 3 miles east of Davilla off of FM #487.
The cemetery is on private property between Davilla and Lilac.
To find the cemetery go east on FM#487 3 miles (from junction of 487 and 437), it is past
Laughlin Road to the right. The access point is just past a white house close to the road
with a fairly large driveway. The access is a large red or rust color metal tube gate
with initials CA on it, it is locked. The cemetery is back about 3/4 to 1 mile back along
the R/H side of this fence line. As you follow the fence line back on the right when the
wooded area starts that's the Laughlin Cemetery. This cemetery has been abandoned, and it
is very overgrown with trees, cactus, vines and other poison ivy and is in very bad
condition. The cemetery is about 3 acres. Thirty-two tombstones have been located, very
few are still standing and undamaged, as cattle have had access, through a damaged fence.
Efforts are currently under way to restore it, with the consent of the owner, Mr. Mike
The Reverend David Ross originally owned this land. In 1862, his son-in-law James
McClelland Laughlin and daughter Mary Green Ross-Laughlin purchased the land from him and
set aside the acreage on which the cemetery now rests. The Graves family, descendants of
Penelope W. Laughlin-Shinault, later owned this land.
Thanks to Brenda Neyra for her work in transcribing this cemetery and the efforts to
Brenda Neyra FAG (#46633653)
(thanks to Mr Clay Riley for providing these directions)
For More Information on Laughlin Cemetery and William Young - Battle of San Jacinto participant: