The Dockery Cemetery is located in the near northwest quadrant of Milam County about one and one-
half miles southwest of Pettibone and State Hwy 36 and US 190.
To go to the old inactive cemetery from Cameron, in the north central part of the county, take
State Hwy 36 towards Temple for a little over six miles and turn left on FM 486 at Pettibone.
Continue for 1.6 miles and the cemetery will be visible on your left, about 1500 feet away, in a
stand of heavy trees surrounded by a chain link fence.
The 10 x 20 burial ground has but two headstones visible. A larger two-sided stone has the name
Dockery with family members names inscribed on one side. Also at the bottom is inscribed "Texas
pioneers from 1836 to 1913". The reverse side has the name Hudson and then family member names
inscribed. A smaller stone reads "James, son of F.M. and E Wilson - born Dec. 21 1874 - Died Dec.
12 1875 - Age 11 mo 21 days".
Current property ownership is a Ms. Beth Holloway who resides in Temple. Currently leased by a Mr.
Special thanks to Ms. Norrine Holman and her research book "170 Years of Cemetery Records in Milam
Minor updates made by this poster.
Name Born Died
Dockery, Leroy Rankin Died at 83 y. o. 1817 1899
Dockery, Sarah Hudson ? 1913
Hudson, Ephraim ? ?
Hudson, Josephine ? ?
Hudson, Nebb ? ?
Hudson, Sarah Ann ? ?
Hudson, Tom ? ?
Wilson, James S. 1874 1875