The Ad Hall Cemetery is located in the northwest quadrant of Milam County and is near
State Hwy 36.
To drive to the cemetery from Cameron: take US 190/SH 36 northwest and travel six miles
At the juncture of SH 36 and Farm to Market Rd (FM) 486, turn to the left, cross the
railroad track, and proceed for about a mile. FM 486 will curve sharply to the left but
continue straight on the gravel road of CR205. Follow it for one quarter of a mile and an
open pasture will appear on the left. The gap gate was blocked, so it is necessary to
park the vehicle and walk approximately two hundred yards.
The graveyard is fenced with an ornamental wrought iron fence and canopied by cedar
trees. There are 10 known people buried in the 50 by 50 foot cemetery that Adam Hall
established in 1865. Most account say that he bought and settled the land in 1874, but
the first burial is 1865 and two more follow in 1867.
Post Oak Springs or Tappan Springs is located nearby and supplied the community and
travelers with fresh water.
The Old Cameron Belton road passed through here.
The springs were the site of a tragedy in 1837 when a group of men were attacked and
massacred by Indians. Their bodies must have been buried nearby. According to Mary Bell
Batte's History of Milam County, the men's names were Aaron Collins, Sterrett Smith,
Jesse Bailey, David M. Farmer and Clairborne Neal. (Above referenced from Norinne
Holman's 170 Years of Cemetery Records in Milam County, Texas).